Southern California Attractions
If you plan to be in town for a few days, you may want to enjoy some of the many places and attractions Southern California has to offer-all within a short distance from Temecula.
Here are just a few suggestions of things to do in Southern California:
- Pechanga Indian Resort and Casino
- Temecula Wine Country Tours and Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Diamond Valley Lake, Vail Lake, Skinner Lake, Hemet Lake
- San Diego Beaches and attractions-La Jolla, Mission Bay, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park, Legoland,
- Orange County Beaches and attractions-Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm
- Local Mountain Resorts-Big Bear, Idyllwild, Lake Arrowhead
- Catalina Island
- Baja Mexico
Annual noteworthy Southern California events include:
The AMA Supercross Series at San Diego and Anaheim Stadiums, AMA Superbike race at Fontana, NHRA drag races at Pomona, Speedway motorcycle races at Costa Mesa, Sprint Car races at Perris Raceway, NASCAR Stock Cars at Fontana, and the annual motorcycle consumer show in Long Beach in December. Nearby Southern California riding areas include the Mojave Desert, Stoddard Wells, Johnson Valley, Hungry Valley, Ocotillo Wells, and Big Bear.